(Sung to the tune of whiny school girls on a playground)
"AAB and TMGB sittin' in a tree, b-l-o-gg-i-n-g."
Since I posted the first Man Monday installment this week, I have received several emails and a couple of blog comments asking me if TMGB and I have met.
No, we haven't.
But should we?
- He is funny. (At least, in writing he is.)
- He is Italian. (I know this from the emails we exchanged prior to him becoming a guest blogger. I'm Italian too, so I know what I'm getting myself into there.)
- He is close with his family. (Again, I am gathering this from his emails.)
- He uses proper grammar. (Something about a guy who can't spell totally turns me off. Is that wierd? Ha ha ha. Gotcha. I spelled "weird" wrong on purpose. If you're a guy reading this and you didn't catch that, don't bother emailing me. Unless you're really, really cute.)
- I do not like blind dates. "WHAAAAAAAUUUUUUUUUUT, Always a Bridesmaid?," you say? True. I have been going on more blind(ish) dates. But, to be fair, the guys I've gone on those dates with have always been somewhat vetted by a friend or family member first. (Or me, but I just didn't remember. NOTE: the attorney referenced in that linked blog post later became The Lawyer.) That said, TMGB appeared out of the blue. What if he's a serial killer who finds his victims on blogs about their horrendous dating lives?!?! Just sayin'.
- I have absolutely no idea what TMGB looks like. How tall is he? Does he wear tons of jewelry (other than a watch)? What's his smile look like? (Not that I'm totally superficial. But I do think you have to be attracted to someone in order for it to work. I mean, what if he's this guy?)
- I have no idea if he meets any of the criteria I look for in a guy. (Other than the funny part.)
- I have really been enjoying this whole guest blogging thing that TMGB and I have been email bantering about. And if I meet him, I think that might ruin it.
So, I'm torn.
I get where you were all coming from when you emailed me to meet him... but I'm just not sure I'm there yet!
Give me a few weeks and we'll talk about it again then.
Til then, carry on with your silly schoolgirl chants.