Monday, November 30, 2009
Saturday, November 28, 2009
Wednesday, November 25, 2009
Sunday, November 22, 2009
As the nite went on, I could not stop talking about this guy. But he was soooo cute, even I -- who can carry on a 20-minute conversation with a cocktail napkin -- was too timid to strike up a convo.
- Molly and Drew got married a year ago today and are expecting a baby in January.
- Sissy #1 got pregs and had a baby in October. (My sweet little nugget nephew.)
- Sissy #2 got pregs and is due in February. (My soon-to-be sweet little nugget niece.)
- Simply Married got pregs and had a baby about a week ago. (Can't wait to meet you, Aubrey!)
- And my cousin got pregs and is due in January. (Another little lady to add to the fam.)
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
THE CHARACTERS: The little girl's parents (my friends), paternal grandparents, paternal aunt and me. The little girl's maternal uncle arrives late (after flying in from out of town) and is dropped off from the airport by his married friend, Airport Ride. (Read: I'm clearly not hitting on the married friend in the scene outlined below.) Airport Ride (AR, below) seems very nice. I immediately know he's "good people."
ME: "So, do you have any single friends, AR?" (asked after I literally talked to him for four minutes... but long enough to judge his character and get a good vibe)
AR: "Hmmm. I don't know."
ME: "That doesn't do me any good." (Sidenote: I was drinking something called Ryan's Cream at the time of this conversation. Which really doesn't add much to the story other than alerting you all to the fact that there's a Bailey's-esque liquor called Ryan's Cream. Which apparently gives me balls of steel.)
AR: "Wait! I do know a guy. He's really funny. But he's (pregnant pause)... a redhead..."
ME: "So what?! I don't care about that."
AR: "... but he keeps his hair really short."
ME: "OK, AR. Well, I'm going to give you my card, and you tell your friend to call or email me if he wants."
I mean, seriously. Who DOES this?!? I knew the guy for less than a commercial break and I'm already asking him to fix me up.
But guess what? The friend emailed me. And he's really effing funny.
So I guess the title of this post is true. It does never hurt to ask. (Even if you look like a friggin' loon in the process.)
Monday, November 16, 2009
Friday, November 13, 2009
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
- the guy from high school who sent me flowers to ask me out to dinner
- another guy from high school who very awkwardly called to ask me out (completely catching me off guard at work), then realized how awkward the conversation was and called back (at 8pm, when he knew I'd be gone from the office) and left not one, but TWO, rambling messages to apologize for asking me out so abruptly in the first call (I mean, even this cold-hearted bitch felt badly for him... for a hot minute, at least)
- The Murse 2 (I should have learned my lesson with the original Murse, right?)
Saturday, November 7, 2009
I slept with jocks and married a nice guy
Ummm... yeah. I mean, I am obviously no expert in either of those areas. Now I could understand if any of the following searches directed people here:
- unhealthy obsessions with Matt Lauer
- my friends think my boyfriend might be gay
- dating stories that would make for good Lifetime movies
- if one more g.d. person asks me why I'm still single I'm going to rip their eyelashes out
- are my cats ruining my love life
- I want to read the most hilarious blog ever created
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
Sunday, November 1, 2009
(See? Even at 33 years old, I sometimes do still listen to my parents.)
So I'll just leave you with this:
Welcome to YESvember, peeps!