Someone forwarded me this hilarious article called "10 Cute Pickup Lines that Will Make Her Laugh." Well, the article made me laugh alright. At the idea that some poor unassuming guy could actually think these lines might help them with the ladies.
Let's take a gander at the author's suggested pick-up lines. I've bolded the particularly offensive ones:
- Your shoe is untied. Can I tie it for you?
- Have you ever had a guy follow you across the street (or into a coffeehouse, onto the Metro) because he liked your smile?
- Say...didn't we go to different schools at the same time?
- Do you have a quarter? I want to call your parents and thank them.
- My name is Elmo. You can tickle me anytime.
- You're someone I could really blog about!
- Were we lovers in a past life?
- Did you drop this? (Hold out a dollar or a pen.)
- I've heard sex is a killer. Want to die happy?
- The body is made up of 90% water and I'm thirsty.
Ahem. See? I told you. HORRIBLE.
But the author isn't entirely wrong or misleading with the title of this article. If a guy used any of these lines on me, I would laugh. In his face.
What's the worst pick-up line you've ever heard?