Monday, August 31, 2009
Wednesday, August 26, 2009
Hi, guys! I had sooooo planned to write this post sooner.
It was gonna be about my drink cheating on Friday nite.
With a recap of my sister's baby shower on Sunday to boot.
But that all got thrown for a loop when my sissy (the same one we had a shower for the day before) got in a crazy bad car accident on Monday afternoon. The accident wasn't her fault, but she ended up getting hit by cars from two different directions, all the airbags in her car went off and the car was totaled.
But the baby (and soon-to-be new little man in my life) is okay. And so is she.
Phew. (And now that I know she's okay... would it have been soooooo much to ask for a cute doctor to be doing rounds while I was at the hospital? Geez.)
See? I wasn't lying with the title of this post.
So, I'll probably write more about the shower later. (Including the cake. Ahh-maaaa-zing.) But for now, I just wanted to remind all of you to be thankful every day for your sisters and girlfriends.
Because no matter whether you have a guy in your life (we all know where I fall on that spectrum right now), you will always have your sisters and friends.
And that's pretty good too. :)
Buuuuut before I go... I do have some other exciting news. (Drumroll, please.) Auntie AAB is going to be an auntie times two! That's right, folks. My other sissy is pregs too. Congrats, sis! I'm so happy for you!!! :)
So, to recap:
- Sissy one is due in October.
- Sissy two is due in February.
- And sissy three (me) is due. For a date. Real soon.
Friday, August 21, 2009
Tuesday, August 18, 2009
Now, I don't even really like this necklace that much anymore. But at this point, it's become such a running joke in my office that I like to throw it on every now and then simply to entertain everyone. It's always good for a laugh.
(Until people started asking me if I carry coke in it like Sarah Michelle Gellar did in Cruel Intentions. But I digress.)
Anyhow, today I was wearing The Claw, and not one, but TWO, people commented on what a good mood I've been in lately.
(I believe the exact term was "disturbingly nice." How's THAT for a back-handed compliment?!?)
Anyhow, the joke then became that I was in a good mood because of The Claw, though my co-workers disagreed on why:
1. one thought that perhaps I was, indeed, simply totally coked out (and, hence, happily dealing with the major stress I've been under at work lately in a full-out drug coma) BUT
2. the other thought that maybe I've capitalized on the "cougar" part of the Cougar Claw, and that I was perhaps getting some action from a younger male companion
I laughed heartily at both suggestions. For one, I have never done a drug in my life. (Other than alcohol. Which, as you know, is banned for me right now.) And for another, I am nowhere NEAR getting action of the sweet love variety.
In fact, I announced to both of them that if and when I actually DO start getting some sweet love from a boy, I will take out an ad in the Plain Dealer because it will be such big news.
Which brings me to this: If you were to write an ad (or even a headline for an ad) for me to announce the end of my dating drought, what would it say?
(Keep it relatively clean, kids. Blogmom and blogdad are reading.)
Sunday, August 16, 2009
- Several men wearing more hair product than me
- A guy wearing a cut-up Ed Hardy t-shirt with cut-up jeans to match
- A bazillion tattoos
- A gazillion gold chains
- Too many wife beaters to count
The best part about the nite was texting with Mr. X about everything going down around us (he was at a party somewhere else), including the creepy guys lurking around us and the cougars boogeying down to Disco Inferno in the tent. Though, I was disgusted when Mr. X suggested I go up to the lurkers and yank on their chest hair.
(Sorry, guys. Mr. X knows about the blog from mutual friends, and I've not quite figured out how to deal with that little sitch yet. So, until then, no writing about him. Though I suppose I just did, huh? See? Told you I'm still trying to figure it out.)
In the course of the nite, I also received this text from blogmom (while I was still at a party at a friend's house):
R u @ the feast
(Sidenote: I find it absolutely hilarious that blogmom uses shorthand when she texts my sissies and me. Or that she texts at all, for that matter.)
I told her I was still at the party, but would likely head down to the Feast soon. Then I asked her why she wanted to know, figuring it had something to do with a boy. I was right.
Met a man & his girlfriend & he knows [BLOGCOUSIN] & wants u 2 meet his son. Have his info & did NOT give out yours.
Now that's just mean, blogmom. You know I'm on a diet. I can't have any Italian sausage. ;)
Wednesday, August 12, 2009
Monday, August 10, 2009
Sunday, August 9, 2009
Hi, guys!! I’m baaaaa-aaaaaack.
And I’ve missed you!
(But I really needed that blogcation. Thanks for hanging in there.)
Since I’ve been gone:
- There have been a plethora of new dating shows that debuted: Dating in the Dark, More to Love (which one of my sissies calls “The Fatchelor”) and some cable TV show where women swap cities with each other to find out if their true love is simply geographically undesirable. My hands-down fave? Dating in the Dark. It is amazing to watch the contestants describe what they think their love match looks like to one of those court sketch artists, then see how frighteningly realistic (or hilariously wrong!) the sketches are.
- There were try-outs on August 1st for new contestants for The Bachelor. If I got one more email, text or tweet that day telling me to head to Pat O’Brien Chevy to try out, I was going to poke my eyes out with my Girl Sweetheart’s daily prayer card.
- Luckily, I had a good excuse not to go to the try-outs because I was preoccupied by – you guessed it!! – another wedding. This was the first wedding in a couple of years that I wasn’t a maid of honor, bridesmaid or reader. My only job was to break it down on the dance floor. (Mission accomplished.) More to come on the wedding in a future post.
- I picked up several new readers. Hi, everyone! I’m not quite sure what to think about the fact that I got more readers by not writing, but I’m glad you’re here regardless. :)
And, while on our family vacation in mid-July, apparently one of my brothers-in-law announced to blogdad that he thinks I’ve already met my future husband, and that we just need to connect in “that way.” (I was not around when this conversation occurred, but one Mr. Grey Goose was.)
Hmmm. Well, I will say that a number of boys who I already knew (e.g., high school, family friends, etc.) have re-appeared in the past several weeks. But, to date, well… there have been no dates. (So much for Summer of Sin!) Nope, no dates. Just a lot of phone talking (yay for boys who call instead of texting!), texting, emailing and Facebooking. (To be fair, a couple of them live out of town, so it's really not all that easy to go on dates, I suppose.)
So, stay tuned, guys! Here’s hoping the rest of the summer brings some fun dating adventures.
How’s your love life been lately? Any fun stories for little ol' me?