Friday, September 19, 2008

World's longest happy hour


Last time I checked, you weren't supposed to get home from "happy hour" at 3am. But I did. Oops.

Lucky for you, that long nite led to many interesting boy stories:

  1. The Mouse - ran into him at the happy hour I went to with my sister. He is friends with my brother-in-law, and we actually casually dated for several months (though I never called him my BF). He is funny and VERY cute (as in, blogmom has a not-so-secret crush on him), but I think we're better off as just friends. Which is good, since I see him ALL the time now b/c he's sort of like my bro-in-law's little brother. (There is another part of this story involving a pocket-sized chef who resembles Chris Kattan, but I'll save that for another post.)

  2. The Cop - while at the first happy hour, I ran into my friend Amy from work. We decided to meet my cousin Katy at another bar, where Katy proceeded to tell me about a guy she thinks would help her win the finders' fee challenge. She sent him my number while we were there, and we texted a bit last nite. He wants to try to meet up on Sunday to watch the Browns game.

  3. The Banker - Katy and her friends decided to hit up another bar down the street, so Amy and I left for a bar closer to our neck of the woods. Went to a cute little place in Westlake (where we accidentally ended up crashing the Bay H.S. class of '73 reunion. Ooops). So, we headed further into the bar, where I met The Banker. Super cute, seemed to have a good job, but was actually pretty drunk so I really don't have a good feel for what he'd be like sober. But, he did text last nite to make sure I got home OK and sent a little note this morning to tell me he had fun last nite. Hmmm...

On tap for tonite: going out for my friend Carrie's bday in the W. 25th area. The Banker said he might be around there tonite too. Interesting...

*** UPDATE *** I posted this at noonish on Saturday, so I'm not sure why it's showing Friday. Weird.

No comments: