Friday, September 12, 2008

The stats on The Coach


So, I went out with The Coach on Wednesday nite. Met at a cozy little bar in Westlake after an after-work event I had to go to. Grabbed dinner and drinks and had a nice conversation, but was in and out in about an hour and a half.

But that's sort of it. It was... a nice conversation. No real sparks to speak of (and I am a believer in sparks from the start). And, there weren't really a ton of laughs -- which is a MUST for me -- except for the times when I was laughing at my own jokes to keep the conversation moving.

That said, he really was a very nice, sweet guy (my friend Sarah was right) and seems to come from a great family (also a big plus for me). But I'm just not sure "the spark" was there. Too bad. I think he might just be one of those guys who is great on paper, but then there's something missing in person.

Unfortunately, I think it might be "game over" for The Coach.

No comments: