Tuesday, September 8, 2009

Cheers to a year!


Who'd have thought when I started this little blog a year ago (yesterday) that I'd still be writing it? Certainly not me.

And what a year it's been. If you've been with me from the start, you've experienced:

And, obvs, there were several weddings thrown in there too. (Which is sort of a given, given the subject matter of this blog.)

Truthfully, I simply started this little blogging adventure last year because I had found myself telling various groups of friends (from high school, from college, from post-college, from work, etc.) the same horrific dating stories over and over... and over. And I was simply looking for a way to not have to rehash the unfortunate tales more than I absolutely had to. (Would you want to tell some of these stories more than once?!?)

But I never imagined that I'd meet so many other amazing bloggers (many of whom I'm now happy to call friends). And I never (I mean, EVER) thought that so many people who don't know me would find the blog (yes, I'm talking about most of you) -- and actually want to read it! (Please humor me if you're simply reading to make yourself feel better about your own dating life.)

Lucky for you, I clearly picked an awesome year to start a dating blog. I can't remember a more depressing dating streak in my entire life. I mean, there were very few guys who I even considered as real potentials in the past year. And, of those who were possible candidates, they all clearly fell out of the running after a few dates. (Except for Mr. X, who seems to be hanging in there after about a month and a half or so of us talking. But maybe that's because we still haven't actually seen each other. Which, BTW, blows.)

So, thanks for the fun ride. It can only get better from here, right?

(Dear GOD. For the love of all things holy, please tell me it won't get any WORSE.)

XOXO --

Always a Bridesmaid

P.S. I'm certain I'm forgetting tons of other good stories from the past year. Do you have any personal faves?

18 comments:

Amy Green @ Sweet Home Amy said...

Haha, I'm glad I found your blog, you are so much fun to read! :) Happy Blog-iversary!

MG said...

Happy anniversary.

I have to agree with you on grammar guy and as I mentioned I loved how you got in the guy who forgot you's ass.

Also for whatever reason I really liked your re-cap of the dance competition on the Velevet Dog roof (for whatever reason the coverage of "jumping up and down guy" made me giggle).

Btw, still never found out who your saboteur is, which continues to prove they were the real creep in the situation.

Cheers,

MG

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Amy -- hi! Glad to e-meet you!

MG -- thanks. And I agree. That VD action was pretty ridic. I had almost forgotten about it. :)

MG said...

wow i just re-read this sentence "I loved how you got in the guy who forgot you's ass"

geeze i'm hardly better than Grammar Guy...ah the things we do to maintain "form"

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

i think hands down the best thing to have happened from your blog is meeting me.

obviously.

happy anniversary!!!

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Alexa -- Duh. Well, that and having a guy tell me (with a straight face) that he owned a pair of leather pants. It's been quite a year!

Anonymous said...

AAB - thrilled you decided to include my man monday post in your recap. and happy blog anniversary!

-The Pirate

Beth Dunn said...

Congrats on your year! xoxo

Unknown said...

Congrats and happy anniversary! I have turned a lot of my friends onto your blog and everyone LOVES it! For the sake of all your readers, I hope you continue blogging even after you take your walk down the aisle!

blogmom said...

Happy one-year Blogaversary. Here's to another year of fun and happy writing adventures for you and happy reading for all of us.

love you,
blogmom

Anonymous said...

MG using the word "giggle" makes you an incredible douche bag.

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Thanks, everybody! XOXO!

Anonymous said...

Congrats on your 1 year anniversary AAB!!! Now of we could only get rid of major doucher MG....

Simply Married said...

Congrats on one year AAB! Its no wonder your blog is such a success! Its well written, totally relatable, and even has some drama thrown in for good measure. Completely addicted :)

Anonymous said...

Dude, what is up w Mr. X? I really want u 2 c him!

MG said...

hahaha. yes, because use of the word "giggle" is certainly a typical word in the douche lexicon.

I also love how the one to call me a douche bag just so happens to be anonymous. That's integrity!

MG

Late Bride said...

Happy one-year anniversary!

Here's to a better year next year. Hubby and I just toasted you!

Children of the 90s said...

I just found your blog, and I'm so glad! Congrats on blogging a year, that's awesome.