Monday, June 22, 2009

Praying for my love life... again (again)


I've written before about my religious (but not in a psycho holy roller on the loose kinda way) family sometimes getting extra Catholic on me to help me find a husband.

Well, it appears that blogaunt has taken "Just Date Me for Jesus Christ's Sake June" quite literally and sought some divine dating intervention for me from the big guy upstairs this month.

On Father's Day, blogaunt stopped over with some prayer cards for me and my sissies.

(Interestingly enough, she also brought three desserts over as well... which sort of qualifies as more devilish than angelic three weeks before a beach vacation, doesn't it?)

Anyhow, the prayer card she brought for me was to (what else?) help me find a hubs. And in my attempt to be all sweet and holy, I'll share the prayer with all of you single ladies too.

A GIRL SWEETHEART'S DAILY PRAYER

O Mary, Model of pure love, and therefore of sweethearts, I beseech Thee to direct me in my choice of a future husband. Grant me especially wisdom and deliberation in this choice. Make both my friendship and courtship chaste, unselfish, prudent, thrifty and cheerful. Be my companion in single as well as in wedded life.

Then it says "50 day's Indulgence" at the bottom of the card. What do you suppose that means? That I should say this for 50 days and on day 51 *poof* I have a BF?

(If that's the case, check back here the week of August 10 and let's see what's going on.)

So, I'm going to say this little ditty for the next 50 days and see what happens.

And while I'm at it, I'm gonna try to find the prayer to patron saint of vacation-worthy abs and thighs too...

12 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

awwww. i think this is sweet and a very good idea.

my yiayia (grandmother) every time we get off the phone with each other tells me this "i'm praying for you to find a husband everyday and i'm not dying till you get married so he's coming soon cause i'm getting old"

i love her so much. seriously.

slopmaster said...

prayer works. I'm not sure Mother Mary can do anything though. But then again, I'm Protestant.

I myself pray for a lack of disease and at least one good laugh a day.

Anonymous said...

ummm....before i met my hubby, i used to pray to Mary every night. No joke. Months later she brought me AHill, and you know how great he is!

Here's to Mary coming through for you too....

xo,
chill

Jane said...

If only vacation worthy abs and thighs were merely a prayer away....I would like to live in that world. ;-)

MG said...

out of curiosity, were you blowing off a lot of guys between 19-25 (or whenever you started dating the Mirth)? I'd think so (and that's a compliment, just so you know).

Answer this truthfully and my response will make sense contextually.

La Chiam

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Alexa -- ha ha! Have your yiayia say a prayer for me too, will ya?

Slopmaster -- I am both grossed out and entertained by your prayer intentions.

Chill -- did you say this prayer, or just a general one? I need to find a man who cooks me breakfast in bed on the weekends too. ;)

Jane -- I know, right? A girl can dream (and pray).

MG -- had BF in college from 20-23. Dated the Murse from 23-29. So, I pretty much always had a BF after high school... til now, of course. :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't say that prayer, but just said random prayers about meeting the man of my dreams someday. I figured she's a woman....she's gotta understand.

Until you find the right guy, AHill will gladly make you breakfast whenever you stay over.

chill

MG said...

well nevermind then, what i'd say wouldnt totally be apt then.

Rena Barbara Jeana said...

Considering my faith in zodiac sign compatibility has dwindled slowly but surely. I will be trying this out. :) Thanks!

Narm said...

Whoa - there is a prayer that also involves 50 days of indulgence? AND it comes with dessert??? What church do YOU belong to.

Piper said...

So random question, and possibly already been addressed somewhere in your extensive blog-archive that I haven't perused in completion... have you ever tried the Internet? As in Match dot com or EHarmony?

Don't know why this popped into my head right now... but yeah.

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Rena -- let me know if it works for you!

Narm -- yes. And they also played Saved by the Bell reruns during services.

Piper -- never "tried" it per se. But I have looked at profiles a few times and realized that a.) I know a LOT of the guys already and b.) I don't think I'd be interested in the ones I don't already know. But, you never know what I might say in a few months...