Friday, March 20, 2009

You give Val a bad name*


(* with apologies to JBJ and the rest of the Bon Jovi gang)

It seems I may have jumped the gun on suggesting that Val was a cokehead because he texted me at 7am last weekend.

Why? Because my friend texted me at (what I thought was) 1:13am last nite. So I wrote her back this morning and was like, "Why the eff were you texting me at 1am?"

She responded, "I didn't. I sent that at 8:29!"

Ooops. Which means the span between her sending the message and me getting the message was nearly five hours. Which also means that it's possible that Val actually sent that 7am message to me at more like 2am.

(And, really, who among us hasn't sent a drunk text when the bars were closing? Though I did specifically ask him after receiving that 7am text whether he had just sent it and I just got the proverbial "LOL!" response.)

So, I'm sorry for giving you a bad name, Val. Maybe you were being legit and just drunk texting me at the much more understandable time of 2am.

Or, maybe you're still just a cokehead. But I am willing to give you a second chance if you ever actually follow through with your suggestion of grabbing drinks.

In the meantime, I am continuing my Manhunt March activities and will have an update for all of you next week... including a date I have on Tuesday with a new potential... stay tuned!

P.S. Happy Spring!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ummm, don't you have a time stamp on your text messaging?

PJ said...

Oops. My bad. Teehee.

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Anonymous - yes, I do have time stamps. But it's not always helpful if the time stamp is wrong. (Which has now happened twice.)

PJ - not necessarily. You might still be right.

Anonymous said...

hmmph. interesting