Saturday, March 14, 2009

Mr. & Mrs. Twinkle Toes

One of my favorite parts of being in or going to weddings is watching the new couple's first dance. Unfortunately, I missed the first dance of Simply Married and her new hubs this past summer because I was -- you guessed it -- serving as a bridesmaid in another wedding that day.

So I was very excited today to find that she recently posted their first dance on her blog. Go check it out here.

If I ever get married, I really want to dance to an upbeat song like these two did. I just feel like it will set the tone for a super fun reception/party.

(As a sidenote, my youngest sissy had always said she wanted to walk down the aisle to "Back that Thang Up." She didn't, but our other sissy actually did rap Kriss Kross' "Jump" -- word for word -- at her own wedding reception. So, I guess I don't really have to worry about whether my wedding would be fun even if I do start with a slower song as my first dance, huh?)

What was the best first dance song you've ever heard?

3 comments:

Simply Married said...

OMG- what a sweet surprise! AAB, Thank-you for the kind words! We missed you tons that day but were thrilled to see you towards the end! There is no question... Your wedding will rock! Although.... That Kris Kross performance at your sister's wedding might be kinda hard to beat!

Erin O'Brien said...

Oh no. Been married 17 years. I can't even remember what our first dance was.

Oh well. Still have the husband ...

Anonymous said...

Hands down, best wedding dance ever

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QujA8YYgTWU