Saturday, December 27, 2008

How YOU doin'?


Ever wonder where guys come up with some of those horrifically funny pick-up lines you hear from time to time? (My personal fave: Are your pants made of mirrors? Because I can see myself in them.)

Well don't look at me. I don't have the answer either. But I just might have discovered the antidote: Adult Mad Libs: Kiss Me, I'm Single.

Grab a pencil, ladies. This should be fun.

First, make a list of the following words (and don't cheat by skipping ahead!):
  • noun

  • article of clothing

  • adjective

  • part of the body

  • noun

  • noun

  • noun

  • noun

  • noun

  • verb ending in "ing"

  • noun

  • noun

  • adjective

  • part of the body
*****

Now, take those words you just wrote down and fill them into the following Persuasive Pick-up Line Mad Libs:
  • Is that a/an noun in your article of clothing, or are you just adjective to see me?

  • I hope you know mouth-to-part of body -- because you just took my noun away!

  • If I said you had a beautiful noun, would you hold it against me?

  • Can I borrow your cell noun? I want to tell my noun I just met the noun of my dreams.

  • Did you hear that? It's the sound of my heart verb ending in "ing."

  • If you were a laser noun, you'd be set on "stunning."

  • Is there a warrant out for your noun? Because it must be illegal to look that adjective.

  • Are you from outer space? Your part of the body is out of this world!

What do you think? Did you discover a few new gems?

And that's just the start of the fun. There are lots more Mad Libs to choose from, including Tactful Turndowns, Blind Dates Gone Bad and Warning Signs.

Seriously. Go buy this book. Your friends will thank me for it. Especially when they hear you say something like this to some unsuspecting guy:

Did you hear that? It's the sound of my heart barfing.

(True story. That's one of the ones I came up with. Mostly because I was listening to one of my cats yakking up a hair ball while I was making my list of words.)

Joey Tribbiani ain't got nothin' on us, ladies!

1 comment:

Christina K said...

I think I can definitely use this at upcoming scientist parties:

Is there a warrant out for your calculator? Because it must be illegal to look that prissy.

Miss you!