Monday, December 15, 2008

This thing is getting huge


OK, huge is probably an overstatement. (That's What She Said.)

But when I started this blog, I literally thought that it would be just my closest friends and family reading it. (All, like, 12 of you.)

Then I discovered that a few folks outside of that circle were stopping by (I do have blog analytics, after all), whether from a link on another blog or a friend emailing it to them. I'm imagining introductory comments like, "Hey, don't feel so bad. Check out this chic's blog and your dating life won't seem so lame-o." or "OMG, she totally must have gone on a date with {NAME}!"

(And in fact, early on in my blogging, I actually had a new acquaintance send me a link to my own blog with a note that said something like, "My friend emailed this blog to me and I thought you would like it." Ironic, no?)

Anyhow, imagine my surprise when I got an email today (from a potential guest blogger, BTW... who is a BOY!... yeah for the XY perspective!) who said he found my blog through this article on cleveland.com.

What? My blog was written about with other "real" blogs by cleveland.com/The Plain Dealer? WTF? I'm no Carrie Bradshaw, peeps. This, I know.

And to be perfectly honest... I'm a little weirded out about the article! (Don't get me wrong... I'm totally flattered too!) But I really just thought of 27 Dresses in Cleveland as my little creative outlet/entertainment source for those who were always asking about my dating life. I had gotten tired of sending the same (sad) e-mail updates over and over when friends and family asked about what was going on with potential suitors, so I figured I should just capture everything in one place at one time.

But I guess I've captured something else along the way... like way more readers than I ever could have imagined. :)


Note: This post intentionally less bitchy than usual. Gotta break in new readers slowly, right?


11 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

my blog was once brought up to me in a client meeting as a blog of interest. i kept my mouth shut. ha.

congrats girl, i've been on the site a couple of times and i'm always surprised by the random post they pull from.

Anonymous said...

I found your blog through a suggestion in my Google reader. I find it mildly entertaining. According to my reader right now, you have 15 subscribers (in that particular reader).

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Alexa - OMG, I love that a client suggested your blog to you.

Anonymous - thanks for stopping by.

Anonymous said...

what is a google reader? guess im behind the times. just wanted to let you know that i read youre blog all the time and love it.

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

Congrats! :)

Kate said...

As one of those people outside your group of family and friends (I think I might have found you through Cleveland's A Plum), I want to say that the reason this thing is getting huge (heh heh) is because it's great. Funny, but totally relatable regardless of your relationship status.

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Anon 2 - A Google reader helps you manage all the blogs you follow. You should check it out!

Ashley - Thanks!

Kate - Wow, thanks! (And I love Cleveland's a Plum too!)

Simply Married said...

How freakin' cool is that???

Congrats AAB! I think your blog is so entertaining and soooooooo many people can relate to what you are currently going through. Been there myself. Thank-you for sharing your dating life with all of us!

Anonymous said...

Little did we know when we were little that your first appearance in the PD would not be nearly your last!

kpoor said...

As soon as I read the title of this entry I knew you were going to TWSS it

Christina K said...

I 100% concur with KP. Congrats, 27D!