Thursday, December 4, 2008

Here we go again


Blogdad is back at it.

I received an email from him last nite regarding a potential new boy toy for me. Here it is (with some minor edits to delete identifying details):

SUBJECT: Potential s-i-l (I can't make this stuff up)

I have identified a candidate for my beautiful daughter. The Italian Stallion. (Trust me. If you knew his real name, you would agree with this choice.) He will be 31 in January. He is very close with his family... he has one married sister and two nephews. He goes to mass weekly. He works out daily and sells pharma. He ended a very short engagement last spring. She cheated on him. Approx 5' 11", good build, really big dark eyes. He owns a home. He is interested in calling you and setting something up. Can I give him your phone number?

Love,
BLOGDAD


MY RESPONSE

RE: Potential s-i-l

Potential s-i-l? No pressure there. LOL.

Yes, you can give him my number. As long as you donʼt tell him about the blog and/or get pissed if I write about him.

Is it wrong that I now immediately think of what potential blog stories I might get out of a fix-up? (INNER MONOLOGUE: Yes, Always a Bridesmaid. That is wrong.)

Anyhow, I then proceeded to forward the email to my sisters because, well, we're sisters and I knew they would totally appreciate what blogdad wrote.

Sissy #1's response:

Very funny. I’m pissed he’s never called me a beautiful daughter.

Sissy #2's response:

Is that why he is an S-I-L??? Stallion-In-Law???

Just Do It.
Love,
Michael Jordan

Now I don't know what's funnier. My dad's initial email or my sisters' responses.

Or the fact that I now have a guy in the queue that I'm calling The Italian Stallion.

Ciao, bellas -
Always a Bridesmaid

6 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

cue the rocky theme

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Alexa - LOL.

Julesercise - I had to delete your post b/c you used a "real" name. You bonehead.

Ashley // Our Little Apartment said...

Hahaha.

This is great!

I can't wait to hear where this goes... :)

Anonymous said...

I did not use a real name, you a-hole. I said your name would be ridiculous if you ever got married; that could mean a plethora of things. Post it or I am returning your xmas gifts.

Anonymous said...

Okay, so now I remember I used your real first name. So sue me because I am not blogtastic or bloggorific...

Christina K said...

27, these are the best comments yet!