Monday, August 10, 2009

More cushion for the pushin' = unhappy AAB


I'm officially on a Date Me Diet.

I have been so crazy busy with work and volunteer stuff over the past couple of months that my workout routine has really gone to hell.

As in, it has totally not been happening.

Add to that the late-nite eating that happens when I do get home from after-work events/activities, and the multiple cocktails I often have while I'm out and... well... let's just say that Spanx have become my best friend lately.

(I've also been having regular bouts of insomnia, which I hear can lead to weight gain too. Awesome.)

And you know what's even more frightening to me than the numbers staring back from the scale? The idea of going out with a boy and having him touch any part of my body that I am weirded out about these days.

(Which is basically anything from the neck down, with the exception of my hands.)

I'm wondering if I'm not inadvertently avoiding contact with boys because I am so self-conscious about my weight/body right now.

So, I'm off the sauce for the next month. (As in, alcohol. Or BBQ, I suppose.)

And I'm eating healthier. (Salad for lunch today. Chicken and steamed broccoli for dinner.)

And I'll be attempting to work out more too. (Though that's the one piece of the pie that's hardest for me, given my schedule right now.)

Here's hoping I can drop these pesky 7-10 pounds quickly... then pick up another 200 lbs. or so (in the form of a hot, juicy man!).

Wish me luck!

11 comments:

~*~Lilly~*~ said...

Good luck my dear! I totally feel your pain - oh do i ever. After all the rush of getting married (x 2 weddings), work, so much freaking stress (which i hear is partially to blame on the regions the weight is sticking) & just a hectic life i absolutely cried the other night when i stepped on the scale!

Take it 5 pounds at a time and really watch what your eating & you will do fabulous. I do warn...once you pickup that hunk of an extra 200 pounds, but prepared for "happy couple weight"! Grrrr

Happy trend milling & broccoli eating! We will have to share recipes :)

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

you and i are in the same boat.

while i have no hope for myself, i think you can do it!!!

kage said...

Good luck with your diet! I'm having some struggles myself...I have such a busy life but I always find time to eat. Always. Try using spaghetti squash instead of pasta for dinners....fun diet substitution :)

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Thanks for the encouragement, guys! I'll keep you posted! :)

Stacy said...

A reminder to eat breakfast :) Even a 100 calorie Special K bar will do! You will notice a change. I can guarantee it!

Joey said...

Remember there is always the 7:50pm class!

You can always go on the diabetes diet with me. I mean, the baby's gaining weight and I'm staying the same, so that must mean it's working!

Allison M. said...

I need to lose 10 lbs like it's my job and I can't shed it. I'm convinced i need to be stricter with my diet.

slopmaster said...

You're beautiful just the way you are :)

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Allison -- the only way I've ever succeeded in losing weight is to be super boring with my diet. Salad for lunch. Salmon for dinner. Repeat. Ugh. And, I've gotta figure out how to add breakfast in too.

Slopmaster -- wow, that's sweet! (But I can still stand to lose a few lbs.!) ;)

Mel said...

Yup, happy couple weight. More than 10 extra pounds in five months. And yes, you HAVE to change your diet dramatically in order to lose weight!

Being with my bf, I definitely eat a LOT more meat than I'm used to (yeah, yeah TWSS). And I drink more beer (ahem, he has a keg fridge). I HAD to change my diet back to more veggies (and less cheese... I ate cheese EVERY NIGHT even BEFORE dinner!). I also need to teach him how to make tofu. (hah, right).

If I really, really need a drink after work, it's one glass of red wine.

We've done really well with already eating healthy and fresh foods, so now is the time that I need to run. Yuck.

But you know, a cruise in less than 5 months will make anyone look at themselves different both in the mirror and on the scale.

Good luck!

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Mel -- it's funny, isn't it? It's either happy couple weight or alone-and-no-one's-touching-me-anyhow weight. ;) Either way, go us!