Sunday, August 9, 2009

Back & ready to rock (and date!)


Hi, guys!! I’m baaaaa-aaaaaack.

And I’ve missed you!

(But I really needed that blogcation. Thanks for hanging in there.)

Since I’ve been gone:

  • There have been a plethora of new dating shows that debuted: Dating in the Dark, More to Love (which one of my sissies calls “The Fatchelor”) and some cable TV show where women swap cities with each other to find out if their true love is simply geographically undesirable. My hands-down fave? Dating in the Dark. It is amazing to watch the contestants describe what they think their love match looks like to one of those court sketch artists, then see how frighteningly realistic (or hilariously wrong!) the sketches are.


  • There were try-outs on August 1st for new contestants for The Bachelor. If I got one more email, text or tweet that day telling me to head to Pat O’Brien Chevy to try out, I was going to poke my eyes out with my Girl Sweetheart’s daily prayer card.


  • Luckily, I had a good excuse not to go to the try-outs because I was preoccupied by – you guessed it!! – another wedding. This was the first wedding in a couple of years that I wasn’t a maid of honor, bridesmaid or reader. My only job was to break it down on the dance floor. (Mission accomplished.) More to come on the wedding in a future post.


  • I picked up several new readers. Hi, everyone! I’m not quite sure what to think about the fact that I got more readers by not writing, but I’m glad you’re here regardless. :)

And, while on our family vacation in mid-July, apparently one of my brothers-in-law announced to blogdad that he thinks I’ve already met my future husband, and that we just need to connect in “that way.” (I was not around when this conversation occurred, but one Mr. Grey Goose was.)


Hmmm. Well, I will say that a number of boys who I already knew (e.g., high school, family friends, etc.) have re-appeared in the past several weeks. But, to date, well… there have been no dates. (So much for Summer of Sin!) Nope, no dates. Just a lot of phone talking (yay for boys who call instead of texting!), texting, emailing and Facebooking. (To be fair, a couple of them live out of town, so it's really not all that easy to go on dates, I suppose.)

So, stay tuned, guys! Here’s hoping the rest of the summer brings some fun dating adventures.

How’s your love life been lately? Any fun stories for little ol' me?

10 comments:

alexa @clevelandsaplum said...

the person i think you should go out on a date with you already know...

ginafitz said...

Welcome back! You were missed. (By people you don't even know...)

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad you're back. I mean, I love seeing & chatting w/ you in person, but your blog is my favorite little daily work break.

xo,
chill

Mel said...

Love life update: bf and I are moving in together at the end of summer. :)

Joey said...

Alexa, I am with you on that one. 27 Dresses shared with me your thoughts, and we are in total agreement ;) Now, who asks who?

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Alexa & Julesercise -- the idea of the two of you conspiring to pull something off with said potential suitor is scary.

Ginafitz -- thanks! Good to be back.

Chill -- hope I don't disappoint! ;)

Mel -- that's fun! If the weather stays like this, hopefully the new place has A/C! :)

Unknown said...

YAY! Welcome back!

Isn't it refreshing to get away for a while?!

kage said...

An update from a new reader whom you don't know yet: I get to quit my job in 14 days and I got presale tickets to Pearl Jam. Life is good!

Hope your blogcation was good - I'm looking forward to reading your blog!

Piper said...

Welcome back! MY love life has been a rollercoaster. Ended things with the resident, went out with the lawyer, thought everything was going great, had real potential and then SURPRISE! He calls me and tells me he can't anymore b/c I'm not Jewish. Lovely. Back to the drawing board I suppose... perhaps I'll have to hit up Starbucks again :)

Always a Bridesmaid said...

A Neske -- thanks! It's good to be back.

Kage -- hi! Welcome aboard. And I'm totes jeals that you can quit your job. Now THAT would be a vacation! :)

Piper -- holy crap! A lot HAS happened. Maybe you'll meet someone at The Feast this weekend?!?

And to the 3:29pm Anon -- I'm not publishing your comment. I'm obvs aware of what you sent me, but I won't acknowledge it here b/c I've always maintained my blog anonymity for the sake of my dates, not myself. If you'd like more background/info on how that came about, I'm happy to email with you offline: cleve27dresses@yahoo.com. Thanks!