Friday, August 21, 2009

Forgive me, readers, for I may sin (tonite)


No, not in THAT way.

In the alcohol drinking way.

I'm heading out tonite for a GNO with two of my girlfriends, one of whom (L) is getting married in a few short weeks. (So you know you have at least one more summer wedding post to look forward to!) Anyhow, this will likely be our last single girls' hurrah. When I told K & L that I'm alcohol detoxing (not that I had to -- they already knew from the blog), this was the response I got from K:

We made an executive decision and you are drinking.

Who am I to argue with that? Really, I have been doing pretty well about eating healthier and avoiding those nasty little friends of mine, G & T. (Gin and tonic, for those of you who are new here. And for those of you who know me well, you know it's really B & T: blackout and tonic.)

I mean, everything in moderation, right?

(Except for dating, which I'm apparently really good at not doing.)

So, I'm not a perfect woman. I'm probably going to sneak in a few G&Ts with K&L tonite. But I sorta felt like if I confessed before I do it, it will be a less heinous crime to all of you.

As for the rest of the weekend... I'll be in prep/cooking/decorating mode for my sissy's baby shower on Sunday. I can't believe I am going to be Auntie AAB in less than two months!

Hey, I'll drink to that. ;)

3 comments:

Chuck said...

lush

Allison M. said...

i love a good martini and they only love me back sometimes.

rachaelgking said...

My bestie is currently taking a month off.

She helped me move last Saturday, and I bought everyone pizza and beer. She soooooo drank it.

She'd earned it. And so have you :-)