Friday, June 12, 2009

You know you've been in a lot of weddings when...


... someone comes up and tells you that they saw a picture of you in a florist's "look book" when they were checking out vendors for their wedding.

True story. (It just happened to me yesterday.)

Speaking of pictures, have you heard about this new contest that the Cleveland Museum of Art is doing to promote its Summer Solstice bash? They're going to be posting pictures every day of different places around Cleveland as seen through the eye of a pool noodle. If you comment on a pic, you are entered to win Solstice tickets and a free CMA membership.

This, of course, got me thinking. What if my readers emailed me pictures of places they think I should go to meet boys? I mean, I do tend to frequent a lot of the same places time and again... which also means I see the same (often married or taken) boys time and again.

Maybe I need to venture out a bit more?

(For example... I recently went to the Starbucks at 271 and Chagrin -- a rare visit for this West Side chic -- for a business meeting and the place was FILLED with cute boys. Unfortch, I was with my CEO at the time so I couldn't exactly pull out my mackin' moves.)

So consider this your charge, guys. Email me a picture of a place in Cleveland that you think I should go to meet some new potentials for JDMFJCS June. Contest ends... well... at the end of June. (Duh.) The prize is the finders' fee (provided I end up with a dude that I met at your suggested locale) and me writing about your brilliant suggestion on the blog.

If all goes well, maybe I'll even have a date to take to that Summer Solstice party...

9 comments:

Allison M. said...

Really? That's a hot spot? How about Urban Active on the east side.

Anonymous said...

I've told you a million times, the Westside Market is filled w/ many cute boys w/out wedding rings! I go every Saturday. Consider this your invitation!

chill

heisschic said...

I agree with the above- Urban Active is a great place for some eye candy.

I have my own suggestion though... conveniently enough, I'll be at the location later tonight so I can take some pics for you. It's where I met *him* so I know this place has worked at least once before.

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Allison -- I swear, I literally saw like 6 REALLY hot guys there. Then again, I think they were all there using free wifi as they were searching for jobs, but that's another story...

Chill -- girl, I know! I've actually been to the Westside Market several times with my sissies in the past few weeks and I never see these boys you speak of. I'll have to go with you guys and see if my luck changes.

Heisschic -- wow... I can't wait to hear about this one! :)

blogmom said...

@ the West Side Market, I think you are supposed to hang out by the MEAT vendors - JJJJKKKKK:)

raymond said...

if someone is gonna suggest Urban Active on the east side, i'll have to suggest the one in Westlake as well.

or how about in the metroparks? just go for a walk or run down there and you're sure to make eyes with plenty of people :-)

rachaelgking said...

If I knew anything about Cleveland...

Can't wait to read about it, though!

Christina K said...

Ugh, I have two perfect photo opportunities yesterday after work, and both times the camera on my phone FAILED!

Shot #1: docs in white coats walking back from UH in Little Italy.

Shot #2: hotties running down Coventry. (There's an arts fest we can go to on Thursday...)

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Christina -- sounds like lunch in Little Italy is in order. As for Thursday... I have an event to go to that nite already! :(