... to make sure I didn't grow a set of balls.
So, I guess that means I've simply grown a set of metaphorical cajones instead.
Well, after discovering McSizzle's identity (thanks again for the assist, Piper!), I bucked up, (slightly) freaked out and just effing went for it.
I sent McSizzle a message through Stalkbook. (I mean, Facebook.)
I'm really not expecting a response. A few reasons for this:
- I am just some crazy chic who quasi-stalked him after hanging out at a bar for less time than a episode of Real Housewives of NJ lasts.
- I'm not entiiiiiiiiiiirely sure I emailed the right guy. I mean, I'm 97% sure based on his (pretty unusual) name and college, but his FB profile was private so I couldn't check for sure.
- If I did email the right guy, maybe he doesn't have computer access yet, in which case he won't know that I emailed him. I mean, he did just move here last week. And he's probably got more important things to do. Like... oh, I don't know... start his residency.
- And even if I did email the right guy and he does have computer access, I have no idea how often he goes on/checks his FB account. He didn't have a profile pic, which leads me to believe it may not be all that often.
- And even if I did email the right guy and he did get the message... he might just not be interested. (Dummy.)
That said, I do have some hope for why he just miiiiiiiiight respond:
- I'm not gonna lie... my FB profile pic right now (which he will obvs see) is pretty darn cute. I even look like I have cleavage! (Thanks, Vic!)
- He told me that he couldn't wait to make new friends in Cleveland because he doesn't really like to hang out with people from work. (Which is all he knows right now.) Ahem. I'm friendly! (But not in that way, blogdad... don't worry.)
- Maybe he'd think it's flattering that some random chic tracked him down and emailed him. And, the message wasn't all creepy-stalkerish either. No "I could really see you fathering my children" type of messages here. Nope. Just played it cool and simply suggested that my friends and I would be happy to serve as the welcome wagon for him and his friends if they're trying to find fun/cool places to go in C-town (thinking it would be less creepy if I made it sound more like a group/casual thing).
Regardless, I honestly can't believe that I did it. Am I crazy? Or just really ballsy? Or both?