Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I just had to check my underwear...


... to make sure I didn't grow a set of balls.

(All clear.)

So, I guess that means I've simply grown a set of metaphorical cajones instead.

Why?

Well, after discovering McSizzle's identity (thanks again for the assist, Piper!), I bucked up, (slightly) freaked out and just effing went for it.

I sent McSizzle a message through Stalkbook. (I mean, Facebook.)

I'm really not expecting a response. A few reasons for this:

  • I am just some crazy chic who quasi-stalked him after hanging out at a bar for less time than a episode of Real Housewives of NJ lasts.

  • I'm not entiiiiiiiiiiirely sure I emailed the right guy. I mean, I'm 97% sure based on his (pretty unusual) name and college, but his FB profile was private so I couldn't check for sure.

  • If I did email the right guy, maybe he doesn't have computer access yet, in which case he won't know that I emailed him. I mean, he did just move here last week. And he's probably got more important things to do. Like... oh, I don't know... start his residency.

  • And even if I did email the right guy and he does have computer access, I have no idea how often he goes on/checks his FB account. He didn't have a profile pic, which leads me to believe it may not be all that often.

  • And even if I did email the right guy and he did get the message... he might just not be interested. (Dummy.)

That said, I do have some hope for why he just miiiiiiiiight respond:

  • I'm not gonna lie... my FB profile pic right now (which he will obvs see) is pretty darn cute. I even look like I have cleavage! (Thanks, Vic!)

  • He told me that he couldn't wait to make new friends in Cleveland because he doesn't really like to hang out with people from work. (Which is all he knows right now.) Ahem. I'm friendly! (But not in that way, blogdad... don't worry.)

  • Maybe he'd think it's flattering that some random chic tracked him down and emailed him. And, the message wasn't all creepy-stalkerish either. No "I could really see you fathering my children" type of messages here. Nope. Just played it cool and simply suggested that my friends and I would be happy to serve as the welcome wagon for him and his friends if they're trying to find fun/cool places to go in C-town (thinking it would be less creepy if I made it sound more like a group/casual thing).

Regardless, I honestly can't believe that I did it. Am I crazy? Or just really ballsy? Or both?

17 comments:

Simply Married said...

LOVE IT! So glad you did! What do you have to lose? Seriously... I think you handled it really well!

Tube Top said...

I don't think you are crazy!! I think are pretty ballsy! I mean, he is new to the area... I think you were doing your duty as one of the "Elite Cleveland Woman" to show him around. I meeeeeaaaan, i really think it would have been silly for you NOT to try to contact him!! Please keep us in the loop!!
Tube Top out....

Tube Top said...

Oh...and a side note. I remember once when I worked downtown and I had this flirting thing going on with some hot guy in the parking garage (and he had a saab)Well we would chit chat, what have you....well, one day I put my buisness card on his car window!!!! Can you believe that!? Well, he called and told me he was MARRIED!!! That's right. He still wanted to meet! WHAAAAAAt? That is when I started taking the train to work! I mean....
Not that will happen to you, but I still was proud of my ballsy moment and you should too!!!! And I got a fun story from it! Again...win win situation! Thoughts!?!?
You are gorgeous and funny and smart...you shouldn't have any problems girl! I love ya!

Rena Barbara Jeana said...

BALLSY! Good for you! The "dating how-to" articles I come across on msn.com sometimes say that guys like girls who take action. I did do the same facebooking with a guy I got tipsy with at a tailgate once. I thought there was a chance when we tried to get drunkenly-"married" under a blue tailgate tent by his ordained friend. He stood me up though. So I played my flirtatious message off of that.

It worked. He responded in a very friendly manner. But I have yet to travel the extra 2 hours to hang out with him.

Anonymous said...

I LOVE that you did this! It's definitely ballsy, but his hot/fun ass (sorry for the cuss word blog mom & dad)is worth being ballsy for! I'm crossing my fingers (and toes) that it all works out. But if it does, does Jorge get a piece of the finders' fee?

chill

rachaelgking said...

Just ballsy. I've done it. What do you have to lose, after all?

MG said...

there is no crazy nor sane, it's all just perception. How you flatter the one that loves you can scare the one that doesn't. This is universal.

You are indeed ballsy and in this particular situation I 100% commend you (not that my opinion matters).

However, next time a guy gives YOU his business card, tear it up, call him a jerk-off and tell him to treata lady like a lady.

La Chiam!

MG

Anonymous said...

Hey - a girls got to do whata girls got to do! Love it.

And what if you did FB the wrong guy but the wrong guy turned out to be Mr. Wonderful! How fun would that be! I hope you hear from him soon....we are all on the edge of our seats!

MAR

Victoria said...

Thumbs up for you, AAB!
A proactive attitude is always favorable. Plus even if it doesn't work out, you will never ever have to wonder what could have been if...
I strongly recommend this, I did the same thing to a super cute saxophone player - and again, although it didn't work out, I tried. Plus, stalking cute guys is kinda fun, admit it!! :)

Jane said...

I have been reading for awhile and I just want to say that I love your blog! :-)

I definitely do not think you are crazy for emailing McSizzle. It sounds like he was interested in getting to know you better - I mean, he did suggest you hang out again. Sending him a Facebook message should come across as less creepy than accidentally on purpose hurting yourself and showing up in the ER. ;-D

Good luck! I can't wait to hear how things turn out.

Chuck said...

I'd call this balls to the wall...love the stalkbook reference.

bird said...

I've recently had to do a few ballsy things myself that felt so out of character for me....but if you didn't do this....you'd always wonder "what if?". Can't wait to hear if he writes back!

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Wow! Thanks, everyone! Maybe I'm not so crazy after all...

(Then again, who are we kidding?) ;)

Piper said...

This is awesome. You WILL write a post as soon as he writes back, right? Some of us compulsively check our Google Readers... Also, that website I sent you, you know it has their pictures on it, right? All the way at the bottom were links for "class of 2013" etc... with like a little slide show of each person and some more info on them. Just to maybe up that 97% to 99.9%. :)

Allison M. said...

ballsy until we find out there's book written about you and your real name is Beverly or Louise.

Anonymous said...

Love it! I recently left a note on a guys car in my garage of my apt. and never heard from him -- I did find out later that he is gay and lives there with his partner, oops!!

slopmaster said...

humm... I don't know, I'm skeptical. But good luck, better than not trying and regretting it later right?