Sunday, February 1, 2009

What a great birthday... er... birth-weekend

I've had a few bday celebrations this week and got lots of fun swag. I'm so thankful to my friends and family for helping me kick this year off right.

I love everything I got (including the two cans of Pringles from blogparents -- which were also tucked in a bag with a gorge garnet/diamond ring... my birthstone) and am so thankful for everyone's thoughtful gifts. (Blogaunt even put together an "I read your blog so I know what you need" kit -- including a g.c. so I can go buy some new undies.) What am I MOST excited to try, though?

This, from sissies:
Why? Because, without it, my hair would literally look like this:


It's one thing to have Tina Turner's legs. It's another to have her hair.

Also... for all of you who have been complaining that the blog has been devoid of good boy stories this year, stay tuned. Had a couple of convos this weekend with people who have potential finders' fee material (read: boys) in the wings.

Which means that maybe my "if your birthday is today" horoscope (which was tucked into one of my bday cards) will come true: If you are single, you enter a new phase in your dating life. Someone quite substantial to your life's history will appear in the near future.

Fun! Thanks again, everyone!

Smooches!!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

YOU GOT A CHI!

I have two of them. Can't live without.

Medicated and Motivated said...

Congratulations on the Chi....I loved mine...past tense, because it just died on me.

I gave you an award, here is the link:

http://alwaysmedicatedandmotivated.blogspot.com/2009/02/thanks-whitney.html

Allison M. said...

I once glued my chi together because I dropped it so many times the one paddle fell out.

However, I have since replaced it.

And, I have a boy toy for you. You just never took me up on my offer. Are you afraid you'll have to cough up a Louis?

Always a Bridesmaid said...

Rachel - two? Are they the same or different?

Medicated - sorry about your Chi. Maybe you can borrow one of Rachel's? (BTW, thanks for the award! FUN!)

Allison - um, I seem to remember emailing you back about the boy toy. There was talk of a happy hour or something, correct? (After we nixed the basketball game idea.)

d said...

Ah, happy birthday. I love my Chi Turbo.