- My sissies and I agree that we love Bradley Cooper. He is dreamy. So cute. I definitely wouldn't kick him out of bed for eating crackers. Do you think he might have a Cleveland twin?
- We all also have crushes on Ginnifer Goodwin. Adorable. She has the face of a kewpie doll and the cutest hair ever in this movie.
- Speaking of hair... Justin Long needs a haircut. Eeew.
- My life definitely most closely resembles Jennifer Aniston's character in this movie. Sometimes it was spooky how similarly things played out. (Also spooky? Robert Plant just used the word "spooky" in his Grammy acceptance speech while I was typing "spooky." You know what that is? SPOOKY.)
- That said, whether we like to admit it or not, I think all of us ladies have a little bit of every girl in this movie in us when we're on the dating scene. The wondering why he didn't call. The wondering why he won't commit. The wondering if we can change him. The wondering why our hair doesn't look like Jennifer Aniston's. (Wait, maybe that one's just me. But probably not.)
Also, the six degrees phenomena that happens in my life apparently extends to my sisters too. We saw several peeps we knew in the short amount of time we were in the theater. In the lobby (while purchasing $4.50 sodas -- thanks, Regal Cinemas, for being sensitive to the economic crisis), we ran into Simply Married's hubs (she was already in the theater) and a co-worker of my sister's. Inside, we sat in front of another friend's brother and his GF. And we just missed Alexa by a hair too (she went to the 3pm show; we caught the 4pm one).
Overall, the sissy outing itself was better than the movie. The verdicts on HJNTIY?
- Sissy one -- 2.5 stars out of 4
- Sissy two -- 1.8 stars out of 4
- me -- 3 stars out of 4 (maybe because I could most readily relate to most of the characters since I'm still discovering that most boys are just not that into me?!?)
(We did, however, all agree that the potstickers at Cheesecake Factory were 3.5 out of 4.)
The only problem with going to see a movie like this is that there is basically zero chance that there are any single cuties that *might* sit next to you. If a guy is at that movie, he is either most definitely with a girl... or most definitely not into them.
P.S. If you're looking for a time waster, check out the HJNTIY official movie site. The date decoder is fun. So is the quiz. And so are the pics of my little Bradley Cooper.