Hi, how are you? Judging by some recent interactions I've had with you lately, I'd say you might need a refresher on basic dating etiquette. Some suggestions:
- Don't ask me if I want to grab a bite to eat since you're going to be near my office, then email to say it turns out you won't be able to make it. (And please don't do it only a couple of hours beforehand. And don't offer at all if you don't really mean it.)
- Don't do the scenario above on several occasions. (But at least those past disappointments prepped me for this latest one.)
- Don't only text me when you're drunk. (Though I do appreciate the fact that you don't use queer teenager texting shorthand.)
- Don't worry more about whether your leather shoes are getting ruined by the snow than whether I'm about to bite it in the Cleveland wintry sludge.
- Don't just keep saying, "Hope to see you soon." If you want to see me, why wouldn't you ask? (For the record, readers, I totes would have asked this guy to meet up if I were interested in seeing him. Don't worry. I'm not waiting around for boys to ask me out if I see some potential there.)
So, as you can probably guess, Manuary is off to a less-than-stellar start. But, it's only about half over. So I guess it can only get better from here!
Have you had any disappointing boy interactions lately? Please tell me I'm not alone! :)