Three years ago today, I was honored to serve as co-maid of honor in my youngest sissy's wedding. I hadn't been in a wedding for a couple of years prior to that, so sissy's wedding was really the first in my series of many, many bridesmaid endeavors.
Some highlights I remember from that day:
- Blogmom and sissy comparing bicep muscles during 40% of the morning "getting ready" routine
- Sissy claiming she wanted to walk down the aisle to Back That Thang Up (yep, we're definitely related)
- The bridesmaids escorting sissy into church under cover of a giant sheet because the weather gods were frowning on us that day (even AFTER we threw a rosary in the tree, an old Italian ritual to ward off bad weather on your wedding day). Luckily, my wedding day survival kit included enough babushkas to strap onto each bridesmaid's head so no one looked like they'd just gone through Armageddon.
- Our middle sis getting so drunk at the reception that she was laying on her stomach on the wet dirty dance floor -- in her bridesmaid dress -- pretending to surf
- My bro-in-law (the groom) having one of the bartenders "removed" from the reception because he didn't like the guy's attitude (he was sent down the hall to work the bar at the Italian American beauty pageant instead)
- Blogdad exchanging glowsticks (in a very embarrassing manner, FYI) with one of my sissy's friends while they both broke it down on the dance floor
Aaaaand, so went the first of the sissies to get hitched.
Hard to believe that in the past three years, both of my younger sissies have gotten married, bought houses and gotten pregs.
And, well... I'm still single.
But Cocktober isn't over just yet, ladies and gents, so you never know!
I mean, Mr. Future Always a Bridesmaid could be lurking right around the corner... at the Halloween bash I'm going to on Friday nite... or in that other city I'm going to visit someone in on Saturday... or on the Love Interwebs you're all subjecting me to in YESvember...
What do you think? Are you feeling a love connection happening for me sometime soon?
(Please humor me and say yes.)