Over the past couple of months, I have had a few guys very lamely cancel and/or postpone dates with me using the WORST excuses imaginable.
(Seriously, boys. If you want to cancel, just say so.)
(Also, FWIW, I barely talked to and/or emailed/texted with the boys who cancelled these dates, so I don't even feel like they had enough exposure to me to even warrant a cancellation!)
Regardless, here are some of the doozies I've heard lately:
- My mother had a heart attack. (Note: I'm not a totally cold-hearted bitch. I felt TERRIBLE when I heard this one. Until he cancelled with a lame excuse a second time. Gloves off, buddy.)
- I have a wake to go to. (Again, not totally cold hearted. But he also followed this one up with a second blow-off.)
- I was out of town and am just now getting back to people. (Oh, sorry. Didn't realize your phone doesn't work when you're out of town. And thanks for calling me "people.")
- My brother got married. (I'm guessing you went dateless based on your inability to keep plans??)
- A client rescheduled a dinner to tonite and "I gotta pay the bills!" (Eeew.)
What's the worst reason you've heard for cancelling/postponing a date?