Thursday, December 9, 2010

It's the little things...

I was listening to a re-run of Rover's Morning Glory this morning, and one of the segments was about the little things men can do that really make their women swoon. The list they cited included things like "remember her mother's birthday" and "flirt with her in public."

(The number one item was "scrape the ice off her car," which is appropriate given the SnowMyGod happening in Cleveland the past couple of days, no?)

Anyhow, for any of you men reading this... I realized it *IS* the little things that make me swoon. (Especially if they come in little blue boxes. Jaaaaaaay kaaaaay!)

But, really. Here's an example: while driving the other day, I mentioned in passing how my windshield wipers were crappy and needed to be replaced. Next thing I know, the boy toy had run into the store to pick up something else, but came out with two new windshield wipers in tow too.

(I was actually so oblivious that I thought he had bought them for himself, since I really didn't even remember saying my wipers sucked.)

When I realized he had bought them for me (the next day), I thought it was the sweetest thing ever! (Or at least, this month.) ;)

(See? There's not always ice coursing through these veins of mine.)

So, ladies... tell me (and help my 3 male readers)... what little things has your man done to make you get all girly and giggly inside?

8 comments:

Miss Chelsea said...

It's so true! One time we got ice cream and I got a Reese's and mine had like no candy in it so I was bumming... next thing I know I look up and we're at a gas station, Chris ran in and bought a king size pack of Reese's and crumbled them into my icecream for me!

Mel said...

Any time he makes the coffee for me (he doesn't drink it) and makes breakfast when I'm hungover.

But more than anything, he can sense when I'm mad, stressed or sad -- and there is nothing like his hug.

AWWWWW. *puke* ;)

Allison M. said...

you need those wipers.


I appreciate thinking ahead. I know it sounds weird but I do.

CLEgal @ Why CLE? said...

He sent me the YouTube link to the Bruno Mars song, "Just the Way You Are." He heard it on his drive into work and it made him think of me. It's the little things (and the completely random things) that get me.

Suburban Sweetheart said...

When my boyfriend left town last weekend to go back to his place in New Hampshire, we had spent a night at a Sheraton the evening before. He left around 8am & I was still asleep, staying in the hotel for a bit. When I woke up, he had left a note in my purse, which was cute enough, but when I got out to my car, he'd also picked my wipers up, like so they were standing upright, so they didn't freeze to the windshield with all the crazy snow that was coming down. Little but so cute.

Anonymous said...

After only one date, a guy, upon me mentioning I had a migraine, showed up with Advil. He then rubbed my head while I fell asleep. Nicest thing ever.

Megan said...

My boyfriend totally has the little things down pat. He comes over typically on weekends since he lives about 40 minutes away (in DC traffic). Every weekend he takes out my trash and recycling. he always pumps gas for me, if we go grocery shopping, he only lets me carry a couple bags and insists on carrying everything else even if he has to make more than one trip. The best thing thought was a year ago my brother, sister, myself and my neices and nephews got family pictures taken for my parents - I had a stack of them in an envelope. I came home one day to find he has bought a couple frames and framed a couple of them for me. That was the sweetest thing ever.

Bite Buff said...

I am very fortunate and the BF is constantly doing small, sweet, and thoughtful things for me. That's why he's a keeper! But it really truly IS the small things that make such a difference. Not that jewelry from time to time doesn't help too. :)